LG is working hard to bring Android 6.0 Marshmallow to its latest flagship smartphone. A soak test of the update was performed in Poland and a bigger staged roll out was made in the home market of the country. Now, the users are reporting that the update has started seeding across Europe also.
The complete updation package weighs about 1.55 GB and can be obtained through LG Bridge (the OEMs new PC synchronous software). Currently, the update is not available for every unit in Europe and most of the users who have already received the software update belong to Germany and own the H815 model.
A list of G4 models that might receive this update first is also revealed, but these can’t be confirmed for authenticity currently:
• LGH815 PRT PORTUGAL PT Portugal Europe 2015-11-26
• LGH815 POL POLAND PL Poland Europe 2015-11-26
• LGH815 ROM ROMANIA RO Romania Europe 2015-11-26
• LGH815 DEU GERMANY DE Germany Europe 2015-11-26
• LGH815 EAP AMAZON ES Spain Europe 2015-11-26
• LGH815 ESP SPAIN ES Spain Europe 2015-11-26
• LGH815TR TUR TURKEY TR Turkey Mid. East/Africa 2015-11-26
• LGH815 VDS VODAFONE ES Spain Europe 2015-11-25
• LGH815 TWN TWN TW Taiwan China 2015-11-25
• LGH815 VDF VODAFONE GB United Kingdom Europe 2015-11-25
• LGH815 VIP VIP HR Croatia Europe 2015-11-25
• LGH815 VDH VODAFONE HU Hungary Europe 2015-11-25
• LGH815 VDP VODAFONE PT Portugal Europe 2015-11-25
• LGH815 SWC SWISSCOM CH Switzerland Europe 2015-11-25
• LGH815 VDR VODAFONE RO Romania Europe 2015-11-25
• LGH815 VD2 VODAFONE DE Germany Europe 2015-11-25
Some of the changes that the new Android 6.0 Marshmallow will bring to this handset include core Marshmallow features, like Dozing and the new app permission model. As per reports, the LG G4 smartphone is also updated to Knock Code settings and a few app renames such as QMemo+ in the notification panel which is now named as Capture+. An official list of changes along with their screenshot can also be found in the second source link.