The users of the Google smartphones now can avail Android Nougat and this OS update will be coming to other handsets very soon. Google is supposed to unveil the final version of Android Nougat in coming three weeks. Albeit Android Nougat 7.1 Beta is for the developers, you can also simply install it on a compatible device.
How to get Android Nougat 7.1 Beta:
Getting Android Nougat is really easy with the Android Beta program of Google. If your device has the program, you can get the OTA updates to the latest Android version.
– For enrolling in the program, open the browser on the compatible Nexus mobile and go to g.co/androidbeta . You’ll require signing in to your Google account.
– Swiping down through the page, you’ll see a heading written Eligible Devices with every compatible Nexus mobile which is signed into your account.
– Get the mobile you want to enrol in this program and then tap the Enrol Device button.
– Check the box for agreeing to the T&Cs, and then click Join Beta.
– A pop-up notification will tell you that your device has been enrolled and soon will start getting OTA updates to the Android Beta. Click Ok.
– The update message comes on your mobile instantly, although it can also take up to 24 hours. If you don’t get the notification, check whether you’re connected to the internet. To do this, go to Settings-> About-> System updates, and then check for the updates.
– If you’ve ever manually flashed Android on your handset, you’ll be unable to get the OTA updates. Rather, you’ll be required installing Android N manually on your device.
– After getting update message, swipe down the notification bar and click Download.
– You’ll be asked to install Android N’s previous version in the next handset. Connect your device to Wi-Fi and select Download.
– After finishing the download, you can install Android Nougat 7.1 Beta. Tap Restart & Install for starting the procedure.
How to uninstall Android Nougat 7.1 Beta:
Removing or uninstalling Android N Beta is as easy as its installation. Go to its program page and click Unenroll Device button. Doing this removes your data, so ensure to back up.